Descriptif : The latest publication in this award-winning series. This unique collaboration between two of the UK's top pianist/educators offers intermediate pianists a detailed introduction to the highly rhythmic music of Latin America and Spain, featuring a wide range of styles from many countries, including:'
• Cuba – son, montuno, mambo, cha-cha-chá, bolero, danzón'
• Brazil – bossa nova, samba, baion, afoxé, frevo, chorinho'
• Argentina and Uruguay – tango, milonga, zamba, chacarera, candombe'
• Venezuela – joropo, vals'
• Colombia – cumbia'
• Dominica – merengue'
• Spain – flamenco, rumba, buleria '
Over 50 pieces to play, including Oye Cómo Va, Bésame Mucho, Sò Danço Samba, El Manicero (The Peanut Vendor), Mambo No 5, Mambo Influenciado, Mas Que Nada, Berimbau, The Girl from Ipanema, Manhã de Carnaval, Upa Neguinho, A Media Luz, Vals Venezolano #2 and Alfonsina y El Mar. '
Original compositions by the authors feature copious assignments to help with syncopation and coordination, and key rhythms such as clave, montuno and partido alto are given in-depth treatment. All pieces are included on the two accompanying CDs, which contain authentic rhythm section tracks and invaluable play-along opportunities